This is a statement to inform you of your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
1. Personal information provided by a member or person as an applicant for various activities of the Hong Kong Enterostomal Therapists Association (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) will be used specifically for the purpose prescribed in the application form (e.g. for application of membership, for enrolment of course, for enquiry of activities related to the Association, etc).
2. The Association will not disclose or transfer the information collected, which may lead to the identification of the applicant, to a third party without prior consent by the applicant.
3. Unless such action is mandatory by law or consented by the applicant, The Association will not disclose or transfer the information collected to a third party.
4. Personal data will be kept confidential and handled only by designated persons of the Association or its appointed agents.
5. An applicant being a data subject has the right to request the Association (data user) to ascertain whether it holds your personal data, to be given a copy, and to apply for correction of the data, if deemed incorrect.
6. The Association may contact the member/ applicant regarding its activities and services. Member/ applicant can inform the Association if he/ she does not wish to receive such information.
The Association may amend this policy from time to time. If major changes are made in the way the Association uses your personal information, the Association will notify you by posting an announcement on its webpage. Application for access to personal data and request for correction of data should be made in writing. Such application or request should be forwarded to the Association at GPO Box 72958, Kowloon or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Kong Enterostomal Therapists Association