Mission of HKETA
The HKETA maintains that Enterostomal Therapists (ET Nurse) are qualified nurses who possess specialized enterostomal therapy qualification recognized locally and internationally. We are dedicated to promote quality services in 3 areas: stomas, wounds and incontinence. We also maintain strong ties with other health team members and the community through participation in educational training, research and upholding of standards of enterostomal therapy nursing.
The objectives for which the Association is established are :
- To promote and enhance the knowledge, skill and expertise in training and development of enterostomal therapists.
- To promote the welfare and protect the interests of nurses engaged in enterostomal therapy.
- To provide for the delivery and holding of lectures, classes, conference, exhibitions and public meetings and to publish bulletins for the advancement of enterostomal therapy.
- To receive visitors or experts in nursing and enterostomal therapy and to exchange with them information and expertise.
- To send representatives to attend and participate in conferences and other events in training and development in all parts of the world.
- To grant scholarships and to make donations to any institution or organization whose objects are similar to those of the Association.
- To liaise between the Association and the respective authorities when necessary.
- To promote professional and educational advancement in caring for the sick and in giving better service to the community.